Death Valley: Day 5

A Rainy Day @ Camp

February 5, 2010

Today started with partially cloudy skies.  There was a 70% chance of rain — thus a 30% chance of shooting.  I got up very early, and spent the morning scouting the Mesquite dunes.  I found some potential shooting locations, but that would have to wait.

By early afternoon, rain began to sweep across the valley. It was not a heavy rain, but it lasted through most of the night.  There was to be no photography today.  I read a book, and settled in for the night at camp.

One Response to “Death Valley: Day 5”

  1. David Patterson Says:

    Wild conditions for sure… and thanks for the tip about the dunes to the east. They really are more secluded and photogenic over that way, and well worth spending serious time there. Am hoping that the elements came together for you on the remainder of this trip… and will look forward to seeing the results.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: